Pikmin 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Exploration Day 4/u>
Garden of Hope
- Retrieve all the pikmin from the onion and cross the blue bridge you built on Day 3 to pass through the gap in the dirt wall above, then follow the trail uphill to reach a new area and collect the data file at the top to read from the diary.
- Proceed forward into the cave ahead to activate a cut scene, then move in a wide circle to face the backside of the large creature and toss as many rock pikmin as you can onto its tail.
- Continue moving in a wide circle around the monster to avoid its charging attacks and toss another volley of rock pikmin onto its tail as soon as the creature stands still again, then repeat this evasive and offensive strategy until the boss’ tail turns blue.
- Wait for the creature to miss a charging attack and come to a stop, then fire red pikmin at the surrounding mushroom clusters to collect more data files and keep an eye on the monster’s location to track its line of approach.
- Move in a repeated wide circle each time the monster crawls back onto the ground and wait for it to stand still again, then continue destroying the white armor on the creature’s back by working your way up from the tail and hurling as many rock pikmin as possible.
- You can also attack the boss when he clings to the side of the wall momentarily, but make sure you do it from close-range to hit him as many times as possible without missing.
- After dispensing all available rock pikmin during each attack, sprint away immediately to get your entire squad in motion before the boss is able to scoop them up and eat them.
- Once you have uncovered a sizable chunk of the monster’s blue shell beneath the white armor, toss red pikmin onto these areas to cause further damage to the creature and do it quickly from close-range to save the members of your squad that have been captured.
- Stay on the move at all time and look for the rubble falling from the ceiling to locate the creature’s position each time he disappears, then continue dodging his charging attacks and unleash as many red pikmin as possible onto the monster’s exposed areas until he is defeated to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, use about 10 red pikmin to pick up the cell phone, use around 20 to collect the boss’ body and unleash another 15 to carry away the pink mystery fruit.
- Exit the cave to return to the Onion and receive a transmission from the Drake, then wait for the boss’ body to enter the tractor beam and reach the maximum squadron capacity of 100 pikmin.
- Return all the pikmin on the field to the Onion before sunset to complete the fourth day.