Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter Adds Galactic Warfare Stretch Goal
The Kickstarter for space-based PC RTS Planetary Annihilation has surpassed its funding goal, and that means that we’re going to get a game in which your primary goal is to annihilate planets. Awesome.
Planetary Annihilation is a single-player experience, a campaign you work through on your own, but developer Uber Entertainment has introduced a stretch goal for the Kickstarter campaign that would add a mode called Galactic Warfare — a giant, galaxy-spanning mode that includes multiplayer.
You can check out the video below for more details on exactly what the mode is, but here’s a rundown of features:
- Procedurally generated galaxy map, play a different galaxy every time!
- Single player and co-op for local play
- Online multiplayer mega-battles. Join a faction and plunder the universe!
- Clan wars servers for fighting the galactic war between clans
- Dynamic story system that logs your fight and generates exciting counter attacks and special missions that up the challenge level
Planetary Annihilation’s Kickstarter campaign is currently at about $1.552 million as of this writing. The Galactic Warfare stretch goal kicks in at $1.8 million. You can check out the campaign for more information or to donate right here.