Planetside 2 Releases Second Major Patch
Sony has released the second patch for Planetside 2, and it’s a doozy. A lot of the individual additions and changes are things that have been necessary since the very start of Planetside 2, and it’s great that Sony is listening so closely. Some of my personal favorite changes:
- Players now earn XP based on damage dealt to air units, so providing flak cover is more rewarding.
- Spotting enemies requires more precision and places the spot ability on a cooldown.
- Magriders have less hill-climb.
- New SMGs specific to each faction.
- Many additions to the UI to reflect progression better (cert gain bar, XP bonuses, etc).
- Less XP given for newly-spawned players, more given for players that have been alive a long time.
- Spawn rooms are more defensible.
- Bonus XP given based on faction populations now based on continent population, not server population
All told, Sony is giving new teeth to my Planetside 2 addiction. You can see the full patch notes on the SOE site. Be warned, though: Performance has taken a significant hit with this patch.