Play This Fan-Made Battlestar Galactica Game For Free
Despite being awesome, there are entirely too few video game adaptations of the 2003 reboot of Battlestar Galactica, a show that included many an awesome space battle and ground warfare campaign. And while the politics and character development might be more interesting, it’s definitely rife for interactive interpretation.
But just because there’s only two Galactica games out there (the free-to-play, browser-based MMO from Big Point Games called Battlestar Galactica Online, and a pretty thin Xbox Live and Playstation Network dogfighting title), fans have stepped up to save the colonies from the toasters. Fan-made title Diaspora: Shattered Armistice is free and puts you in the flight suit of a Viper jock in the middle of a number of space battles. It also has been in the works for nearly four years.
Check out the trailer below for more. Here’s the list of official features Diaspora is sporting:
- Fly the MK VII Viper, the Raptor or the new MK VIIe strike variant.
- Take part in furious battles against Cylon forces.
- Play multiplayer missions against your friends as Colonial or Cylon forces.
- Completely voice acted throughout.
- Original soundtrack inspired by the show.
- Create your own missions and share them with the included mission editor.