Pre-Order Gears of War 3 at GameStop, Get Into the Multiplayer Beta
We’ve know for a while now that there is a Gears of War 3 beta coming this year, and that if you bought the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm, you’d get into that beta. Now there’s another way in: pre-ordering at GameStop.
In a press release today, Microsoft and GameStop announced the perk for pre-order customers, including a few more details. Here are the important dates for the Gears beta:
- “Bulletstorm” Preview, April 18-24: Owners of “Bulletstorm: Epic Edition” are eligible for a one-week beta preview period featuring the new Team Deathmatch mode on four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches and Old Town).
- “Gears of War 3″ Beta, April 25-May 15: The full public beta period begins April 25. Players can look forward to special events and playlists throughout the beta period. Two additional competitive game modes, Capture the Leader and King of the Hill, will be added over the course of the beta period.
- May 15: Beta concludes.
Also mentioned in the release are the unlockables in the beta, including a title and a golden Lancer that could carry over into the retail game. Here’s that list:
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
No real surprises here, just some new unlocks and a pre-order beta that everyone was kind of expecting. I guess if you want in the Gears 3 beta, you might want to head on over to your local GameStop.
You can get plenty more info on the Gears of War 3 beta over at the game’s official site.