Prepare to Enter the Killing Floor
Tripwire entertainment is psyched as Killing Floor prepares for launch as Steam’s top seller. The co-operative survival horror game challenges players to hunt down experiments gone bad in the mean streets of London. You can recruit up to five of your buddies to stand with you or go solo offline. Gameplay features include a Persistent perk system and “ZEDtime ” slomo so you can appreciate a spectacularly chunky death, even in multiplayer.
Killing Floor is still 25% off as a pre-order discount for a few more hours before it goes live May 14th on Steam. More details on game features follow the break courtesy of FileFront.
• Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens.
• Solo game mode for offline play.
• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer.
• 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers.
• 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower.
• Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive.
• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities.
• Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors.
• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde.
• Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends.
• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters.
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods.