Prototype 2 – All Red Zone Black Box Collectible Locations
Finish up your collectible hunt and gain your last special mutant bonuses with our Prototype 2 Black Box guide below. James Heller is on a mission to learn the truth, and to kill Alex Mercer, hero of Prototype 1 — but he’s going to need all the information and mutant powers he can get. That’s where collectibles come in. These important Black Boxes provide players with some interesting exposition, and a nice mutation reward for finding them all in each district. Find the complete list below.
Find more helpful video walkthroughs, guides, and extras, check out the Game Front Channel on Youtube.
Red Zone Black Box Collectible Locations
To find the collectibles, look on your map and move your cursor around. A blip will appear when near one of the collectibles. To find these faster, check out the guide below to get you started.
Lincoln Meadows (Northeast Quarter) – 7 Black Boxes
Mutation Rewarded: Power Specialist
- Starting from right to left, find the first box in the area of the northwestern-most building in Lincoln.
- From there, move to the southwestern building across the street. Check the roof.
- Continuing on, move southwest diagonally to the next building over across the street. The first box is on the eastern side.
- Move west, crossing the diagonal street to find the next box blip between the straight road and the curved one.
- Now, cross the street northwest and look at the northeastern corner of the block.
- Check the southwestern corner next to find another box.
- Last, cross the street directly west and check the roof of the building to find another Black Box.
Midtown (Northern Quarter) – 6 Black Boxes
Mutation Rewarded: Predator
- Starting at the western restricted area, move to the southeastern corner and cross the street straight south to find the black box on the building you land on.
- Find the other Black Box one block north of the same restricted area, on the southeastern edge of the building.
- Move east from the restricted area one block to an open area west of a building. Find the Black Box in that area.
- Just north of the previous box, you’ll find a large horizontal building that fits the road cutting through it to form main street. Check the center area of the roof.
- South and east of mainstreet you’ll find two blocks where a street cuts diagonally through on your map. Out of these two blocks, look on the largest building, in the northeast corner, to find the black box.
- The last black box in the area is located in the center of the eastern restricted area.
Chinatown (Central Southern Quarter) – 5 Black Boxes
Mutation Rewarded: Defensive
- West of the triangle restricted area, you’ll find the black box on the northernmost of three square buildings each taking up a single block, and just south of two buildings.
- South of the row of three square buildings described above, you’ll find a roughly triangle shaped block. Find the black box on the western edge of the building.
- One block north of central park, you’ll find the black box on the eastern edge of the large square building.
- Starting at the northeastern corner of central park, cross the street straight diagonally over to the building to find the black box blip.
- Straight from the previous black box, move north one block to another block with three buildings. Check between two, roughly around the northwestern edge.
Downtown (Southern Quarter) – N/A
Mutation Rewared: N/A