PROTOTYPE – New Open World Game from Sierra
Sierra Entertainment announced today a new open-world game featuring a story line of conspiracy, deception and shape shifting called PROTOTYPE. Developed by Radical Entertainment, PROTOTYPE tells the story of Alex Mercer, a man haunted by his past, fighting a secret war in New York City where a conspiracy tied to his origins threatens the future of mankind itself. Mercer’s shape shifting powers allow him to become an exact replica and steal the skills or powers of anyone who crosses his path. He can consume targets for their shape and memories for disguise purposes, or instantly transform his body into a deadly biological weapon. Mercer’s main goal is to elude the factions out to capture or kill him, find out the secrets to his past, and then find those responsible and make them pay for the forty years worth of misery they have caused him.
Sounds like a cool premise, and with an open-world format the possibilities could be very cool indeed. The August issue of Game Informer will have an exclusive sneak peak of the game, so be sure to check back with Gaming Today to get our impressions as well. The official website for PROTOTYPE is under construction at present, but you can visit the Sierra or Radical Entertainment sites for more information.
PROTOTYPE will debut for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in summer 2008. Check back often for updates and media as they become available.
- Unprecedented Abilities and Control – Play as the most powerful and dynamic character ever created with innovative shapeshifting powers and over the top parkour locomotion movement.
- Shapeshifting – Attack with brutal and devastating powers; instantly triggering hundreds of power combinations (Attack, Defensive and Sensory).
- Disguise – Assume the perfect disguise by transforming into any character and assuming the victim’s powers, skills and abilities.
- Open-World Action Thriller – New York City is your hunting ground! Jam-packed, vibrant, fully interactive city filled with thousands of people and enemies out to destroy you.
- Conspiracy Based Storyline – Delve to the bottom of a conspiracy that has haunted the American government for decades. Who is responsible for your condition? Only you can find out!
- Multiplayer – 2-Person Co-Op Online Multiplayer.