PSA: How To Activate Your Call Of Duty Elite Founder Status
The internet is alight with the cries of thousands of Call of Duty fans who have met the conditions for Call of Duty: Elite Founder status, but have yet to see the wonderful Green Skull indicating their status. We feel you – I haven’t received my Green Skull of Founderness either. But fear not, it’s actually not that big of a thing. Allow us to walk you through the very simple process:
1) Bear in mind that the launch of Elite has had a few problems. Activision is supposedly hard at work resolving them. More specifically, issues affecting PSN or XBLA will facilitate delay. Just chill to the next episode.
2) Remember that the PC version of Elite is totally not up to speed right now. Again, chill to the next episode.
3) Assuming you’ve ruled out the above issues, first bear in mind you need to purchase Call of Duty Elite premium via the marketplace by November 13th, 2011. I’m assuming you’ve already done that, but just in case, go do that if you haven’t.
4) If you have the hardened edition, activate the Elite membership code that comes with it on PSN or XBLA, depending. Do this by November 13th.
5) Alternately, if you’re lazy and don’t feel like entering that lengthy code using your controller, you can sign up via computer, using the code on the back of the Founder card included with the Hardened edition. Just go to callofduty.com/founder and follow the instructions. NOTE: according to Activision customer service, you can do this even after the November 13 deadline passes, though I’d probably err on the side of doing it now.
6) Finally, Activision has stated it will take up to 48 hours before Founder status is activated in your account.
We hope we’ve been able to help. As a thank you, please kindly don’t kill me mercilessly in multiplayer. Thanks.