Rage Doom Secret Room Easter Egg [Video]
It looks like Id just can’t escape the past. Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, and now Doom? Looks like John Carmack is trying to recapture old glory, or maybe they just want to show off some amazingly clever Easter Eggs to obsessive gamers everywhere to hunt for. Well, hunt no longer, because the Doom Room has been discovered. Scroll down to learn where to find it, and check out our exclusive video showing it off.
For extra help working your way through the wrecked landscape of Rage, check in with the gaming bandits at Game Front with our enormous video and text walkthrough. For more easter eggs and secrets, browse over to the cheats page.
- This room can be accessed from the Gearhead Vault. Defeat two of the tough Gearhead bandits inside the bank offices.
- From these offices, search for seven computer keyboards to interact with. Every time you interact with a keyboard, which has no prompt, you’ll hear a Doom sound effect.
- After activating all seven keyboards, you’ll hear a growl — that’s how you know the Doom door is now open.
- Backtrack to the beginning of the level, near the vault entrance. Look for a flaming barrel near the beginning of the vault, and jump to it. From the barrel, jump onto a box positioned in front of another door. Crouch and crawl inside and find a raised tile to teleport into the Doom Room.
- Inside the Doom Room, you’ll find another valuable treasure, so don’t leave without it.