Rage Easter Eggs – All FOUR Secret Rooms [Video]
The Easter Eggs came out in full force with the release of Id’s newest game Rage. With four secrets rooms, three paying homage to Id’s previous games; Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake — with the fourth being an old-school developer room. Check below to find all four of these insane secrets, with sections explaining in detail how to find each in text and video format.
For more help making your way through the apocalyptic Rage, check out our huge text and video walkthrough. To get the skinny on secrets, easter eggs, and anything else our diseased minds can think up, check out our cheats.
All Four Easter Egg Rooms
Wolfenstein 3D Room
- During the first visit to the Ghost Clan’s hideout, after reviving yourself, you’ll fight some bandits in the higher floors.
- Kill the enemies here, and look for a television against a flat wall. Just to the right of the wall, interact to open a secret door.
- Inside you’ll find a rare treasure that can be sold for 150 bucks.
- This room can be accessed from the Gearhead Vault. Defeat two of the tough Gearhead bandits inside the bank offices.
- From these offices, search for seven computer keyboards to interact with. Every time you interact with a keyboard, which has no prompt, you’ll hear a Doom sound effect.
- After activating all seven keyboards, you’ll hear a growl — that’s how you know the Doom door is now open.
- Backtrack to the beginning of the level, near the vault entrance. Look for a flaming barrel near the beginning of the vault, and jump to it. From the barrel, jump onto a box positioned in front of another door. Crouch and crawl inside and find a raised tile to teleport into the Doom Room.
- Inside the Doom Room, you’ll find another valuable treasure, so don’t leave without it.
- To locate this room, you’ll have to search the Wasted Garage for three hidden buttons. Don’t do this one while completing the mission to find parts for the Buggy, return on your own later.
- The buttons do not have an onscreen prompt, you’ll know they’ve been activated when you hear a QUAKE-like sound effect.
- Starting from the button of the building, the first button is on the second floor. Run past where you had previously found the distributor cap for your buggy, and look for a nightstand. Look beneath the drawer to find the first button.
- Moving up, the next button is on the third floor, in a small room behind a filing cabinet. The button is facing the wall, behind the cabinet — you’ll need to crouch and press against the wall to see the button.
- The last button is on the fourth floor. Find a red workbench, and look on the wall just left of it. Crouch and interact to activate the button.
- Return to the second floor to find the room. In one deadend hallway, you’ll find a QUAKE symbol painted on one of the walls. Run up the steps and enter the portal — inside you’ll find a rare piece of treasure.
Secret Developer Graffiti Room
- While completing the mission for Dietrich to go to the Abandoned Distillery, you can discover this hidden developer room.
- Look for a large room with four tall stills in the center with a few more off to the side. Look along the walls for a ladder leading down underneath the stills.
- Climb down and circle around the stills to find an alcove with a mattress against the wall and a valve above it. Turn the valve to open the door into the secret room.
- Get out of the recessed area and climb back up to the main floor. As you get off the ladder, turn right — there is now an opening big enough to crouch into and crawl through.
- Crawl inside to unlock the Dev Graffitti achievement / trophy. Congratulations!