Rage PC Has Been Patched
Over the weekend, Rage got a patch on the PC that does allow for a few extra graphical settings options for your ass. Now, you can force the game to look good, and you can create a large texture cache that will theoretically reduce pop-in and enable higher res textures. Here are the release notes:
- Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic
on Win 7 32-bit systems.
- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
- Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not
exposed because it may crash.
- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and
- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while
All you have to do to get this patch is log in to Steam. You can find more deets on the patch here.
Follow Phil on Twitter: @philrowen