Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Screenshots
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction is the newest addition to the Ratchet and Clank library, and is set for release on October 23rd. This PS3 exclusive will be more action packed and graphically enhanced thanks to the wonderful PS3 engine and while watching the trailers, this becomes blatantly obvious. For more information check out our previous posts and the official Insomniac website. After the break I have posted some game features.
- Insomniac Games has overhauled its proprietary PS3 engine technology to create the most visceral Ratchet & Clank universe yet, overflowing with exotic creatures and flying vehicles.
- Experience many more objects on screen and in more intricate detail than what was possible on PlayStation2 Ratchet & Clank games.
- The PS3 systemâ€™s superior power enables Ratchet & Clank Future:Tools of Destruction to bring vivid worlds to life with increased draw distances, enhanced lighting and shadowing, and more fluid and exaggerated animations.
- Discover an all-new galaxy spanning vast worlds such as a majestic cloud city and a space-age amusement park.
- Encounter an entirely new cast of expressive characters (and some old favorites) as well as the introduction of a variety of new alien races and life forms.
- Experience a more emotive Ratchet with nearly as many animation joints in his face (90) as PS2 Ratchet had in his entire body (112). This joint density applies to many of the characters featured in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, enabling more detailed, personable and expressive characters.
- Clank returns as a playable character, and Ratchet will have new enhanced abilities.
- Fire a fully stocked arsenal of all-new weapons such as the Plasma Beasts and Tornado Launcher, which uses the SIXAXIS controller to direct tornadoes that suck up enemies and whip them around with debris.
- Use the SIXAXIS controller to maneuver, destroy enemies and solve puzzles.
- Upgrade and customize weapons with a new system that provides greater power and flexibility. Players also will have the ability to upgrade Ratchetâ€™s armor.
- Utilize Ratchetâ€™s new supply of consumable â€œon-demandâ€ combat devices, such as the Groovitron, which causes enemies to dance uncontrollably to â€˜70s disco hits.
- Gadgets gameplay returns as Ratchet and Clank will have more gadgets at their disposal to help them bounce, fly, evade and defy gravity.
- Pilot Ratchetâ€™s ship through asteroid fields while trying to destroy enemy fleets in a complete redesign of classic Ratchet & Clank space combat gameplay.