Report: Fresh Details on Mirror’s Edge 2
Mirror’s Edge 2 will be an open world parkour adventure with a persistent online multiplayer mode.
That’s the latest from RocketChainsaw, which cites anonymous insiders and a gameplay video as its sources. The details from its report include:
- Mirror’s Edge 2 will feature a living, breathing open world
- A multiplayer mode will allow players to drop in and out of a persistent online world where players can interact as they choose
- Protagonist Faith will not use guns
- A deep new combat system will feature a fast, fluid combination of melee moves and parkour
- The game isn’t expected to launch until sometime in 2016
Publisher Electronic Arts declined comment on the report, but the details line up with what little DICE and EA have already shared about the project. We evidently still have a long way to go until launch, though, so all of the above could change drastically by 2016.