Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition Coming to Steam Feb. 27
I love me some Resident Evil 4 like a villager infected with Las Plagas loves violent murder. If you’re of a like mind, you’ll fancy this bit of news: Capcom is releasing an “ultimate HD” edition of Resident Evil 4 on Steam next month.
When Capcom and Ubisoft partnered to port RE4 to PC back in the day, it was a hot mess. Evidently, Capcom finally wants to make amends, and Resident Evil 4 has been “fully optimized” in HD at 60 FPS for $20 on Steam. That’s what Capcom is selling, and I’m not ashamed to say I’m enthusiastically buying when it’s released on February 27. Here’s the ultimate HD edition feature set:
- Stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time.
- A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever.
- Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.
- Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support.
- Native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings.
- This new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.
If you’re not the patient type, you can prepurchase Resident Evil 4 ultimate HD right now on Steam. There is no discount, but Capcom will throw in a digital art book and a sountrack with more than 60 songs.
Great deal on one seriously terrific game. If you somehow missed out on RE4 the first time around, I can’t recommend this one enough.