Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City – Endings Guide
Resident Evil games aren’t known for their morality choices, but as a staple of modern gaming, Operation Raccoon City has chosen to include one near it’s finale. Needless to say, there will be spoilers ahead! Below you’ll see how your choice effects the ending outcomes and changes the final battle. It won’t be easy, but achievements / trophies are involved! Unlock all three with the guide below.
If you’re looking for more extra undead content, take a trip to our cheats page.
Achievements / Trophies Unlocked
- Died Trying (15 points / Bronze):
Attempt “The Rescue” and fail.
- A Hero Spared! (15 points / Bronze):
Attempt “The Rescue” and survive.
- The Loyalists (15 points / Bronze):
Follow orders and defeat all liabilities.
- At the end of the game, just before the final battle, you’ll have a choice to defend or execute Leon.
- Due to distrust, your team will split. Online, every player will be able to choose whether or not to kill Leon, if everyone makes the same choice, you’ll fight Spec Ops in the ensuing battle. In singleplayer, the team will always split.
- With the team split, you’ll need to kill the loyalist members of the Wolfpack who choose to kill Leon. The hero of Resident Evil 2 and 4, Leon is a powerful ally and will help you fight both the Wolfpack and the hordes of zombies that burst into the warehouse.
- Prepare to heal often during the battle and search the outer walls of the warehouse for lots of new weapon pick-ups.
- If you’re able to succeed, defeating the Crimson Head zombies, the Wolfpack, and save Leon, you’ll see a special ending and earn an achievement. There’s also an achievement for failing the final battle while trying to save Leon, so give it a try if you’re an achievement hunter.
- Once again, just before the final battle you’ll have to choose whether you want to execute Leon or save him. If you choose to execute him, you’ll have to fight the dissenting members of the Wolfpack and Leon. Eventually Crimson Heads will burst into the room to ruin your day, too.
- During the battle, target the Wolfpack members first. Your former allies are tough, but not nearly as tough as Leon himself. Leon can instantly kill you in CQC, so stay far back and keep moving through cover when possible.
- The warehouse is full of goodies. Lots of weapons are stored along the outer edges of the map, and you’ll find a typewriter in the second floor office.
- Keep healing items ready, killing Leon is arguably the more difficult final battle. He’s armed with a pinpoint precise Magnum, on top of his close-range instant kill move. Heal often and resupply with new weapons scattered around. In the second floor office, you can get your hands on a Precision Rifle.
- Keep your team alive as well, they’ll be important for drawing fire off you or as bait for the Crimson Heads that burst into the room after a set amount of time.
- If you’re able to take down Leon, defeated your Wolfpack opponents, and survived — you’ll get the Loyalist ending.