Rift Gets New ‘Spoils of War’ Mini-Event Today, Patch 1.2 Next Week
If you’re playing Trion Worlds’ MMORPG Rift, you know that there’s been no shortage of new content so far. One month in, players were faced with a massive world event, and we’ve already heard word of a second patch coming next week.
In preparation for that patch, Trion has announced a new mini-event that kicks off today titled “Spoils of War.” Players will be able to complete four quests each day in their respective capital cities in which they will be tasked to investigate mysterious treasure raining from the Telaran skies. They’ll be heading out and gathering up golden coins and dragon eggshell fragments. These can be turned in for containers that can hold all sorts of goodies, including a limited-time “Gritty-Kitty” pet, rare artifacts, and even plaques of achievement.
This event will run through May 9th. We’re expecting the end of the event to coincide with the launch of the 1.2 patch for Rift. If you haven’t seen any of the details, here’s the skinny on what’s coming in the pending update.
Rift 1.2 Features:
- Facebook Integration – Post updates, screenshots, or Achievements from Telara directly to your Facebook profile!
- Looking for Group– Automatically form groups for dungeons, rifts, and group quests. Complete random expert dungeons for additional bonuses, both for the daily player and the weekend warrior!
- Wardrobe – Players can configure up to five outfit slots to choose between – look however you want, and break out those costume items.
- New Ascended Powers – Omen Sight (Guardian) and Quantum Sight (Defiant) reveal openings to Slivers and even more in the future.
- Additional Role – By popular demand, players can purchase a 5th role for even more class flexibility.
- Many UI Improvements –Auction House, Crafting, and Artifacts all receive useful new refinements.
New Content in Rift 1.2:
- Gilded Prophecy Sliver – Rift extends its support of 10-player raids to this new type of instance! Fight against Golden Maw cultists from another reality to prevent them from gaining relics of vast power.
- New Dynamic Content – Two new raid rifts, one new expert group rift, rifts specifically designed around rewarding crafters, and easier access to expert group rifts.
- New Zone Events:
- Planar Chill – Control strategic locations in Iron Pine Peak against planar onslaught
- Scourge of the Sands – Defend precious resources as they are moved to critical locations in Shimmersand Desert, then launch a counter attack
- An Eye for an Eye– Guardians and Defiants summon their respective champions in order to defeat the Colossi in this end-game brawl.
Here’s a look at the 1.2 patch in a few screens Trion sent over. Enjoy.