Rise of the Triad (2013) Walkthrough
Table of Contents
In the Thick of It
- When you start the game, you can choose characters to suit your playstyle. They range from slow and take a lot of punishment, to fast and fragile. Once you begin, you’ll notice that Rise of the Triad is very fast paced and can be felt especially in terms of movement. Push through the concrete compound toward the fence with the rocket launcher behind it.
- Move ahead past the towers and you’ll soon face your first enemies, with one trying to shoot you on top of a row of hover discs. Quickly take them out. Past the hover discs is an outhouse on the right. Step on the triad symbol on the ground. It will open a door, giving you access to the rocket launcher behind the fence.
- Leave this secret area, then hang a left to the double metal doors, past the red banners. Once you open the door, you’ll face a swarm of enemies. Up ahead, you’ll also see an outpost with a searchlight above. Kill all the enemies in the outpost, along with any scattered around the grounds.
- Grab the coins on the left and right side of the outpost. In front of the outpost is a bounce pad. Jump on it to quickly get inside the outpost. Crouch by pressing “Left Control” to enter, then grab the heat seeker. Pull the switch inside the outpost to open the gate. Also, from the entrance is a small tower on the left, where you can grab bullet armor.
- Now pull the switch next to the double metal doors behind the outpost. Kill the enemies the reside here, then jump on the bounce pad onto the hover discs. Up ahead are some Prince of Persia-esque traps, spinning blades.
- From the edge of the hover disc platform, jump to the pipes on the left side wall past the fire. From here you can dodge the last set of spinning blades to grab the god mode power up. Using this, you’ll be temporarily invincible, while you use your hand to decimate foes.
- Head to the open gate, kill the enemies on top, then use the moving platform to get on top. Choose a side, then head down the stairs to enter the next area. Gib more enemies, then proceed to the double doors with two torches on both sides.
- Upon entering, you’ll see a building in the middle with hover platforms all around it. Take care of the enemies in the vicinity, and grab the coins, especially the room with the bouncy pads where the coins form an arc.
- There’s a corner in this area where there are boxes stacked on next to a hole in the wall, down a set of stairs. Blow up the boxes, then enter the hole to grab some medium coins.
- Head through the double doors with lamps attached to the walls on each side. Immediately shoot the enemy, then hang a left. You’ll see metal boxes in front of a bouncy pad that’s illuminating the walls blue. Use the pad to access a secret area, complete with two enemies and horde of small coins.
- Head back down and take out more enemies as the path hooks a left. Careful of the soldiers on the balconies. There are hover pads that work like elevators to lead up to the balconies. Keep following the path given as more enemies fall by the wayside.
- Soon, garage doors will open on the left side. Destroy your enemies, then grab more coins. Keep pushing forward. You’ll see a bouncy pad jump up top the next structure. Head up, grab more coins, then drop down.
- There’s a bouncy pad on some metal grates which you can use to get more small coins. When all the enemies have been defeated and you grabbed as many coins as you can, follow the grates to the exit. It’s a metal door labeled “Exit”.