Shadowrun Returns’ Berlin DLC Delayed to Early 2014
The previously announced Berlin DLC for Shadowrun Returns has been delayed to early 2014. The DLC, which was originally scheduled for release in early October, has been delayed in order to make it larger and more open-ended.
The game’s developers at Harebrained Schemes intend to expand the DLC from a “modest-sized campaign” to include the following features, according to a post on the official Kickstarter page:
- A more flexible main story arc – choose which runs to complete first, and which factions to complete objectives for
- More depth to the NPC runner characters
- New weapons, outfits, portraits, music, and enemies – including more magical creatures
- Improved Physical Adept gameplay – along with additions for some of the other existing archetypes
- A European city with a very different look, “vibe”, and cast of characters
- A story that highlights the compelling themes of the Shadowrun: Germany sourcebook
Harebrained also promises that all of the environments and characters in the Berlin expansion will be available in the Shadowrun Returns Editor for anyone with the campaign installed.