Shovel Knight: All 46 Music Sheets Locations
Make one bard very happy with all 46 music sheet locations in Shovel Knight. Each of the missing scrolls can be found scattered across many worlds of the Enchantress’ domain.
Once you’ve found a song sheet, simply return to the starting village and chat with the Bard — he’ll play songs and reward you with 500 gold pieces. Check all the step-by-step instructions in the full guide below.
Want to see even more indie platforming action? Watch the amazing Mitch take on the Order of No Quarter with his masterful Shovel Knight video walkthrough with episodes covering each stage. For more secrets and unlockables, you can always find every extra article on GameFront with the Shovel Knights cheats list.
All 46 Music Sheets Locations
Turn in Music Sheets to earn a reward from the Bard, an NPC located in the Village.
- Music Sheet #1-5: Village – Scrolls 1-5 are available at the Bard to listen to automatically.
- Music Sheet #6: Village – Located on the rooftop to the right of the market stands. Use the woman carrying buckets of water to hop onto the stand and reach the rooftop.
- Music Sheet #7: Village – Drop down into the cellar beneath the upgrade shops. Enter the red room on the right and attack mid-way up the left wall to reveal a hidden sheet.
- Music Sheet #8: Armor Outpost – Use the well to get to the ladder leading into the blimp. Move through the raised area until you can drop down onto more shop stands. Jump across the rooftops to reach a peaked roof with the sheet music.
- Music Sheet #9: Village – Use the catapult in the village to fast-travel to the Armor Outpost. Try to land on the blimp so that you can drop down and get the floating sheet music.
- Music Sheet #10: Troupple Pond – Purchase a fishing rod and container from the merchant in the red cellar of the Village. At the pier where you can speak with the Troupple King, use the rod to earn an easy sheet.
- Music Sheet #11: Village – Return to the Cellar beneath the upgrade merchants and talk to the dancer after defeating the Specter Knight. She’ll reward you with a free sheet music collectible.
- Music Sheet #12: Village – Still in the cellar beneath the upgrade merchants, break through the wall on the left and speak with the NPC inside. Pay 100 gold and earn a score of 150 or more to get this music sheet.
- Music Sheet #13: Overworld – Randomly, you’ll encounter a rival named Reize. Complete this boss fight to earn the 13th music sheet.
- Music Sheet #14: Hall of Champions – Enter the Hall of Champions by paying the ticket master 5,000 gold. Once you’re inside, travel to the top left room and attack the left wall to discover a hidden room with a music sheet.
- Music Sheet #15: Hall of Champions – At the lower right-hand side of the hall, there’s a wall beneath the ladder. Attack it to reveal another hidden room with a music sheet inside.
- Music Sheet #16: Knuckler’s Quarry – Completing this bonus level leads to a reward chest with the music sheet inside.
- Music Sheet #17: Frigid Flight – Collect the Propeller Dagger spell in the Flying Machine level and complete this bonus level to get a reward treasure chest. The music sheet is found inside.
- Music Sheet #18: Forest of Phasing – Complete the bonus level and open the chest at the end to find this music sheet.
- Music Sheet #19: Tower of Fate: Entrance – Past the first checkpoint you’ll reach a deadly area with a falling ceiling. Keep moving until you reach a spot with a small alcove underneath the floor, to the right of some spikes. Attack the wall in this alcove to reveal a hidden music sheet.
- Music Sheet #20: Plains – In this tutorial level, there’s a secret hidden room on a screen past the slumbering dragon enemy. Entering the area with a skeleton and spikes below, look for a clearly visible altered wall in the lower left corner. Attack it to reveal a path leading to a room with the music sheet.
- Music Sheet #21: Plains – Past the second checkpoint, you’ll reach a room with moving platforms and four shiny green gems. Against the right wall, there’s a clearly visible breakable wall. Climb up and go inside, using the bubbles to jump over the gap and grab the next music sheet.
- Music Sheet #22: Tower of Fate: Ascent – Riding the ice dragon past the second checkpoint, you’ll want to look on the wall above the passage before jumping off your dragon ride. At the very end of the riding sequence, attack the high wall and jump inside to get a hard-to-find sheet.
- Music Sheet #23: Pridemoor Keep – Just as the level begins, move left instead of right. You’ll find a passage leading straight to the music sheet.
- Music Sheet #24: Pridemoor Keep – Before the boss, you’ll reach the fifth checkpoint orb. Attack the wall directly beneath the checkpoint to find a hidden room with another sheet collectible.
- Music Sheet #25: Lichyard – Beneath the third checkpoint you should see a chest you can’t quite reach yet. To get it, attack a rolling skull until it lands on the sinking undead raft and lowers the platform enough for your Shovel Knight to open the treasure chest. This music sheet is found inside the chest.
- Music Sheet #26: Lichyard – Moving on past the second checkpoint, you’ll climb a ladder up into a room with two green blobs that hop up when you attack them. Attack the wall to the left of these objects to reveal a secret room with the music sheet inside.
- Music Sheet #27: Iron Whale – Early in the stage, past the first checkpoint, you’ll need to dodge tentacles from the ceiling. Working through this screen, attack the wall in the upper right corner and use the fishing rod near the ledge to get your music sheet.
- Music Sheet #28: Iron Whale – Past the third checkpoint, you’ll reach a room with four ladders. The exit is in the top left corner, but you’ll want to attack the top right wall to find a hidden room with a treasure chest containing the next treasure.
- Music Sheet #29: Explodatorium – This one is tricky. Beyond the second checkpoint you’ll reach a room with huge science beakers and vials. Once you see ceiling, you’ll need to jump from the tall wall and bounce off a swooping bird to land on the roof of the level. Then move right and dig through the dirt platform to fall into this tough music sheet.
- Music Sheet #30: Explodatorium – In the room with the first checkpoint, destroy the breakable walls with exploding rats in the upper right corner until a ladder appears. Climb up into the hidden room to collect a treasure chest with the music sheet inside.
- Music Sheet #31: Lost City – In the room with the second checkpoint, don’t set off the black exploding blocks on the right. Instead, use them as a platform to climb on the high right ledge. Then jump across the secret room and open the chest to get this music sheet.
- Music Sheet #32: Lost City – Past the third checkpoint you’ll reach a section with blobs of goo that transform lava into green substance. Past the three red gems, you’ll need to shovel goo onto the large lava steps. There’s an opening in the top right corner you can jump into using the goo to reach the secret room containing a music sheet.
- Music Sheet #33: Clockwork Tower – Get the Mobile Gear magic and travel to the second checkpoint room. Above the orb are two spinning platforms. Climb up and jump to the ladder in the upper left. The sheet is inside this treacherous secret chamber, accessible only with the Mobile Gear ability.
- Music Sheet #34: Clockwork Tower – This one is easy. One room up from the first checkpoint, enter the open passage on the right wall and ride the platforms inside to get the sheet.
- Music Sheet #35: Clockwork Tower – Starting at the third checkpoint, go up one room with the spinning platforms. The exit appears to be in the upper left where a ladder is waiting. Instead of going there, ride the platforms down and enter the passage on the lower left. This optional room contains the next sheet music.
- Music Sheet #36: Stranded Ship – Before reaching the fifth checkpoint, you should spot the music sheet on a high platform. Use the flying enemies in this area to hop up onto the ledge and grab the music.
- Music Sheet #37: Stranded Ship – In a room following the fourth checkpoint, look for an opening next to a wizard in the upper left corner. Enter the path and traverse the ice platforms to get this tough sheet of music.
- Music Sheet #38: Flying Machine – Make sure you have the Propeller Dagger from this level before hunting this sheet. Following the second checkpoint, continue moving up until you reach a treacherous room with a single wizard in the top right corner. Jump up to his high ledge, defeat him, and attack the wall nearby to make a ladder appear. Enter this secret room and use the Propeller Dagger to reach the sheet.
- Music Sheet #39: Flying Machine – Past the second checkpoint, you’ll reach an NPC selling the Propeller Dagger upgrade. From there, climb down the ladder on the right to find sparkles beneath the ledge signifying a fishing spot. Use the fishing rod to reveal a hidden collectible music scroll.
- Music Sheet #40: Tower of Fate: Entrance – Beyond the third checkpoint you’ll reach a dark section. At the first gap in the bridge you’ll find sparkles. Use the fishing rod to pull a music sheet out of the bottomless pit.
- Music Sheet #41: Tower of Fate: Ascent – This music sheet is easy to spot while climbing up in the crushing section past the third checkpoint. Look for a long path on the right with the visible sheet. Once you spot it, move fast!
- Music Sheet #42-46: Tower of Fate: ???? – In the final level, you’ll have to deal with flying platforms and blocks. Dodge them all, then you’ll drop down into a dark void. Once you land, move left to reach a secret room with all five music sheets.