Silent Hill: Downpour – Ashes to Ashes Side Quest Guide
Get ready to spread some ashes, because kindness is always rewarded in Silent Hill: Downpour. This quick and easy quest can be completed in a short amount of time with a minimum amount of effort. If you’re looking for a free Pistol, this is the quest for you. Otherwise, you’ll be reading mysterious notes while trying to complete one person’s last request to spread their ashes. For once, this fetch quest won’t take you all the way across Silent Hill — this one is just in their back yard. Below we’ll walk you through this quest, and if you’re looking for more walkthroughs for the main game or more side quest guides, you’ll find those in the big links. Happy rest!
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Dust to Dust (5 points / Bronze): Complete “Ashes to Ashes” side quest.
Ashes to Ashes Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Pleasant River, find a two-story home with an open front door.
Best Starting Point: After completing the Monastery and you first enter Pleasant River.
- First, enter the home and go upstairs. Enter the master bedroom and pick up the urn.
- Next, you just need to scatter the ashes. Leave the home and turn left, heading toward the docks behind the houses. Find a longer pier behind the home.
- On the left side of the pier, look for a bench. Interact with the bench and use the urn. As the ashes are spread, numbers will appear on the bench.
- Remember those numbers, they’re the key to opening the safe back inside the home. You don’t need to open the safe, once the ashes are spread, the quest is complete. If you want to open the safe, you’ll find a Colt pistol as a reward.