Silent Hill: Downpour – Cinéma Vérité Side Quest Guide
Don’t have enough firepower to survive the nasty streets of Silent Hill: Downpour? Forgot your wimp pistol and get the Golden Gun, while also catching a few flicks at the Silent Hill Movie Theater. Below you’ll find our guide to getting you through this twisty puzzle and finding one of the best weapons in the game. It won’t be easy, and you’ll run into several fetch-quests, but with our guide you’ll have no trouble finding every required item. For more side quest guides, check out the big link below.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Cutting Room Floor (5 points / Bronze): Complete the “Cinema Verite” side quest.
Cinéma Vérité Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Chastain Heights, the movie theater on Lamon Street.
Best Starting Point: Just as you arrive in Chastain Heights.
- Find the theater just west of the Centennial Building. Inside, your quest will begin. You’ll need to find some film reels, then play them.
- Inside the Lobby, you can find the first film either at the coat check or in a back room behind the concession stand. The second film can be found in the bathroom, or in a small room right near the projection room. The last film is in the storage right of the projector room.
- When you enter the projector room, you’ll have a new objective: find the replacement bulb. On easy, you can find a bulb inside a storage room at the back of the theater. Otherwise you’ll need to leave and find the hardware store east of the Monastery, the bulb is on a shelf behind the register.
- Return to the projector and use the bulb. You’ll find some clues to an access code, but the number you need to input is 9241.
- You’ll need to find one last reel. Enter the last unexplored room and use the three film reels on the film splicer to create a single film reel. Put the new film onto the projector, then run down and walk through the image.
- Inside the movie, enter the house ahead. Past the staircase, search the left room to find a crank in the window. Leave, and head down the hallway to find a larger room with a jack-in-the-box inside. Use the crank and turn it until the present opens. Inside, you’ll find a key.
- Take the key, and climb the ladder in the same room taking you up to the attic and a locked crate. Use your key to unlock the crate and you’ll be rewarded with the Golden Gun, a very powerful pistol.
- Leave the film and return to the theater to complete the quest.