Silent Hill: Downpour – Dead Man’s Hand Side Quest Guide
Cheating will get you killed in Silent Hill: Downpour, but one cheater got his worse than most. This poor soul’s heart was cut out and thrown into the sewer. If you want to lay the poor guy to rest, find the heart in the labyrinth of tunnels below the building and return it to him. It’s no easy job, as the twisting pathways of the expansive sewers will make your life a nightmare. Below you’ll find a guide to finding the heart and completing one of the many side quest in Silent Hill. For a full walkthrough or a complete guide to every side quest, check out our big links below.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Telltale Heart (5 points / Bronze): Complete the “Dead Man’s Hand” side quest.
Dead Man’s Hand Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Find the side quest in the Pleasant River area. The building is south of Rice Street.
Best Starting Point: Just as you have other business in Pleasant River.
- Travel east of the spillway in Pleasant River, and follow the narrow path to a yard. Enter the building, investigate the card table, then enter the back room to investigate the body.
- The body is missing a heart! Well, go find it! Enter the basement and explore to find a sewer entrance. The sewer itself is a large maze.
- In the sewer, follow the pathway until you reach an intersection. Turn right, and continue forward, turning right whenever you can. If you cant turn right, continue forward.
- Following the outer edge of the sewer system, you’ll eventually reach a gate. Squeeze through and search the corners of the chamber for the heart.
- With the heart in your inventory, backtrack all the way back to the ladder, through the basement, and back to the body. Interact with the body and place the heart to complete the side quest.