Silent Hill: Downpour – Digging Up The Past Side Quest Guide
The last side quest of Silent Hill: Downpour also has the biggest pay-off. This one requires a full playthrough before you can come back and give this lengthy quest a try. Completing this quest will reward you with a special secret ending, a worthwhile reward for any completionist. You’re already so close, might as well keep going to find out what that last special ending is. Below you’ll find our guide, as well as links to our text and video walkthrough, or to our complete side quests guide.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Useless Trinkets (5 points / Bronze): Complete the “Digging Up The Past” side quest.
Digging Up The Past Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Once you reach Silent Hill proper.
Prerequisite: You must complete the game once before this quest will be available.
- There are seven Dig Sites scattered throughout Silent Hill. To dig up a site, you’ll need a shovel weapon.
- The first site is in a yard north of Straub Street, in Hillside. You can find a shovel in a shack in the downtown area, in the southwestern corner.
- The second site is near where Hillside becomes Pearl Creek. A shovel can be found west of the Hillside subway, outside the police station.
- The third site is in a park south of Cook in Pearl Creek. Find a shovel where Cook meets Lansdale.
- Fourth up is inside Logan’s Park, located at the border of Pearl Creek and Chastain Heights. You can find a shovel at the border into Pearl Creek.
- The fifth site is in a small park off from the movie theater, in Chastain Heights. Find a shovel in an alleyway northwest of the Chastain Heights subway.
- The sixth site is in front of the Monastery in Chastain Heights. Find a shovel at the entrance of Monroe Cemetary, just south of the Monastery.
- The final site is in the Port District. Find the dirt in the yard of a southeast home. You can find a shovel near a truck on Ketchum Street.
- Once all the items have been dug up, the quest will complete, and you’ll witness a different ending at the completion of the game.