Silent Hill: Downpour – Shadow Play Side Quest Guide
Ready to do some magic? Strangeness abounds in a weird half-finished ritual found in one of the many abandoned buildings of Silent Hill. Discover the hidden ritual locations all across the town of Silent Hill, where you’ll need to not only solve five puzzles, but also discover six fragments and five hidden spots with your UV light. It’s a complicated side quest that involves a long search, but your reward is uniquely weird. Learn all about how to solve this puzzle below, or check out our walkthrough and side quests guide in the links.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- What’s Your Sign? (5 points / Bronze): Complete the “Shadow Play” side quest.
Shadow Play Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Inside the building on the northern border of Chastain Heights.
Best Starting Point: As you reach Chastain Heights.
- Entering the building will activate the side quest. Walk up to the large table and use your UV light to reveal five locations on the map. Below you’ll find locations and instructions for finding all five of the fragments.
- The first fragment is in the same building, just laying on the chair. Pick it up and look for a large symbol on the wall near a pedestal. Place the fragment on the pedestal, and use your UV light to shine on the wall symbol through the placed fragment.
- Rotate the fragment in the pedestal until it matches with the wall symbol. Then shift your position to match the UV light shining onto the symbol on the wall. When the task is complete, the fragment will transform into a token. Collect it and continue your search.
- Find the second fragment in Pearl Creek, in the southeast corner of the map where Cook and Lansdale meet. When you find the fragment, take it into the part nearby.
- Find the pedestal and place the fragment, then turn it to match one of the missing shapes this time. Then use your UV light to cast a shadow into the correct position.
- A symbol will appear once you’re in the right position. Now, just copy the mirror image of the appearing shape, move to cast a shadow in the right position, then collect the token.
- In Pearl Creek, find the fragment in the construction site. Take the fragment to the placing position in the subway entrance, and rotate the fragment to match the hidden shape.
- Use the UV light to cast a shadow on the wall, move until the shadow matches the shape, then collect the token.
- Back at Chastain Heights, near the side quest beginning location. With the fragment, enter the alley south and use the fragment to fill in the missing shape, then create a mirror image.
- Use your UV light to match shadows, and collect your token.
- For this last token, you’ll need two different fragments, both found in Pleasant River, on the King Harmony Drawbridge. When you find the bridge, use the ladder to enter the control room. Collect the fragment near the lever, then climb down and enter the office underneath the bridge. You’ll find it on top of a cardboard box.
- The shadow symbol is beneath the bridge. Place the first harmony fragment, and replace two missing lines. With two lines replaced, place the second fragment and replace another line.
- Now with every line replaced, create the mirror image with your shadow and collect the token. Return to the loft with your five tokens.
- At the map, all you need to do is place all five tokens onto the corresponding positions on the map. Light all the candles to reveal symbols on the map. Then just match the token with the symbol. When all tokens are correctly placed, a Demon Statue will appear on the statue and the quest will be complete.