Silent Hill: Downpour – The Art Collector Side Quest Guide
Games are quickly being recognized for the art that they are, and art itself is becoming a bigger part of the video game world. The delights of artistic achievements have always been showcased in Silent Hill, but finally you’ll get a chance to collect some missing masterpieces in a lengthy side quest. It won’t be easy finding all six missing treasures alone, let Game Front help you complete the collection with our in-depth guide below.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Art Appreciation (5 points / Bronze): Completed the “Art Collector” side quest.
The Art Collector Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: The Pearl Creek Art Gallery. Find the building south of the Centennial Building.
Prerequisite: None, you can start collecting paintings before you find the Art Gallery.
Best Starting Point: As soon as you find your first painting.
- To start the quest, you’ll need to find the Gallery. It’s southwest of the Centennial Building, you’ll have to enter through the back alley door from Laymond Avenue. Search the basement to find the table with the missing paintings and begin the side quest.
- Each painting, in order of your most likely time to find:
- Despair: Across from the radio room in the Police Department, you can find the painting on the floor through a barricaded door.
- Sunrise: Inside the booth of the Hillside underground entrance.
- Wonder: During the Stolen Goods side quest, or just as you’re moving through the apartment building, look inside the kitchen for this painting on the wall of a ground floor apartment.
- Certainty: North of the Pearl Creek subway entrance is a storage unit off of Laymond Avenue. To enter the unit, search the sidewalk for an item that reveals the code.
- Hope: While travelling through Chastain Heights, enter the hardware store on the street east of the Monastery. Use the cash register to find a key to the back room, then move the backroom crate to find the painting.
- Freedom: Just as you exit the Monastery, you’ll come out on a street off of Pleasant River. Look at the bend of the road ahead for a parked van. Open the back doors to find the painting inside.
- Return to the Art Gallery and place all six paintings, then arrange them to form a picture. Then, use your UV Light to reveal a map.
- With the treasure revealed, travel to Monroe Cemetery outside the Monastery. Search the crypts until you find an entrance. Down below, to unlock the crypt, you’ll need to solve a puzzle.
- The puzzle clues vary depending on your puzzle difficulty, but to solve the puzzle, follow these instructions: upper left corner, center, lower left corner, lower right corner.
- Enter to find your treasure and complete the quest.