Silent Hill: Downpour – The Gramophone Side Quest Guide
Many ghosts wander the homes of Silent Hill, anyone that met a bad end, anyone that’s running through psychological turmoil, or even just random pedestrians are all caught in the town. But, you can free a few of those lonely ghosts yourself in this quick side quest. Below, you’ll find our guide on completing this haunting chapter in Silent Hill: Downpour, but if you’re looking for more side quests or a full walkthrough, check out the big links below.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked
- Turn Back Time (5 points / Bronze): Complete “The Gramophone” side quest.
The Gramophone Side Quest Guide
Starting Location: Chastain Heights, in the two story home across the street from the Theater.
Best Starting Point: Just as you arrive in Chastain Heights.
- To get inside the apartment building, you’ll need to find the raised ladder in an alley. Once you find the retractable ladder, look across the street for a hook. The hook weapon is a long narrow metal tool that can be difficult to spot from a distance.
- Take the hook back to the ladder and interact to pull it down. Climb up and enter the apartment. Just as you enter, you’ll find the broken gramophone. To get it working, search the home for items.
- Go upstairs and look in the children’s room, you’ll find the crank on a corner cabinet. The vinyl record is in the master bedroom, on the dresser.
- Take both items back to the gramophone and turning the crank. Turn it forward once to listen to the record, then turn it backwards to watch the events unfold. Keep turning until the record stops.
- The paintings will bleed and a ghostly murders will leave the painting to attack you. You can’t fight back, just run towards the husband’s painting and interact. Use the lighter to burn the painting and put the ghosts of the house to rest.
- With the ghosts defeated, the side quest is complete.