SimCity Patch 1.3 Fixes Crash Issues, Improves Performance
EA Maxis has released a new patch for SimCity which alleviates a number of problems which seriously afflicted the game. The release of the patch brings the game up to version 1.3 and is designed to address connectivity problems.
Notably, the game’s database has been optimized to address online connectivity. The release of the new patch also sees the addition of 8 additional servers to better handle the load.
Here’s what else it does:
- Fix for a crash related to the highway interchanges and vehicles.
- Traffic was optimized for complex road sections.
- Fix for a specific case of city processing that forced players to rollback their cities to a previous state.
- Fix for a crash some players saw when exiting their city.
- Rapidly clicking or accidentally double clicking the Claim city button will no longer create multiple regions.
- We temporarily removed filtering by friends and maps on the Join Game screen to better support database performance. Players can still find friends’ regions by going to their friends’ profile pages.
The studio has been apologetic over the issues its customers are facing and has offered to give a free game to every SimCity customer.