Sins of a Dark Age Hits Steam Early Access
It’s quickly shaping up to be the year of the MOBA.
With Dota 2 and League of Legends burning up the charts, Infinite Crisis now in open beta, Smite launching next week, and Dawngate and Strife tinkering with mechanics in closed beta, MOBA fans will soon have plenty of options. Add another to the list that you can jump into immediately: Sins of a Dark Age.
When the creators of Sins of a Solar Empire said they were making a MOBA back in early 2012, I immediately took notice. SoSE is a strategy classic and I’m a big MOBA fan — seemed like a match made in action/strategy heaven. Delays and major gameplay overhauls suggested Sins of a Dark Age was destined for gaming limbo, though, so I’d forgotten all about it.
But whaddaya know, here’s Sins of a Dark Age on Steam, open to anyone who wants to chip in $5 for early access.
“Sins of a Dark Age Early Access is here! It’s already fun, very stable and has loads of content but we still have a lot of work to do,” Ironclad Games states. “Want to provide feedback and influence our next objectives? Join up, open your Welcome Chest and enter the battle!”
Interested? If so, as a thank-you to early access buyers, Ironclad is including one of these three bundles:
- Rare Skin (Bombardier Slag)
- Uncommon piece of Hero Gear (Battleborn Axe)
- Rare Skin Recipe (Recipe: Skylance Torrace)
- Uncommon Materials (Imperial Brocade x 2)
- Common Materials (Meteor Metal x 3)
- Rare Skin (Tundral Skalla)
- Uncommon piece of Hero Gear (Bloodthirst Bracers)
- Rare Skin Recipe (Recipe: Luna Moth Vexie)
- Uncommon Material (FaerieDust x 1)
- Uncommon Material (Fungal Spore x 1)
- Common Materials (Moss x 2)
- Common Material (Tattered Linen x 1)