Skyrim: Alchemy Potion Guide
Like these Skyrim unlockables and looking for more? Find a massive compendium of game guides, collectibles, and secrets on Game Front’s free video apps.
Check out GameFront’s iOS Walkthroughs App
Check out GameFront’s Droid Walkthroughs App
There’s plenty to craft in The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim — wizards enchant, warriors smith, and thieves use alchemy. It’s no easy craft, there’s lots of exploring and experimenting involved in creating potions. Take away some confusion with our beginning guide and potion list below.
Check back later for updates to our potion list!
Beginning Alchemy Guide
- Crafting with alchemy can result in some seriously powerful potions and poisons that can both bolster your skills or weaken your enemies.
- Alchemy requires experimentation. To start, you’ll need ingredients and an Alchemy Lab. You have to experiment, combine experiments to discover their effects and what potions you can make.
- Failing to discover anything new while experimenting at an Alchemy Lab will still net you Alchemy experience.
- Alchemy involves a three step process; finding ingredients, learning their effects, and combining these ingredients at an Alchemy Lab.
- Learning the effects of ingredients requires either eating the ingredient, or combining the ingredient in an attempt to create a potion.
- Or, just following our Potion recipe list below. There are lots more potions available to make and experiment with, so keep collecting ingredients!
- Restore Health – Blue Mountain Flower + Butterfly Wing
- Fortify Health – Giant’s Toe + Hanging Moss
- Regenerate Health – Juniper Berries + Nordic Barnacle
- Damage Health (Weak) – Falmer Ear + Imp Stoal
- Damage Health (Strong) – River Betty + Falmer Ear
- Damage Magicka – Butterfly Wing + Hanging Moss
- Paralysis – Imp Stoal + Canis Root
- Restore Stamina – Pine Thrush Egg + Purple Mountain Flower
- Fortify Stamina – Lavender + Garlic
- Regenerate Stamina – Bee + Mora Tapinella
- Regenerate Magicka – Garlic + Salt Pile
- Fortify Magicka – Red Mountain Flower + Tundra Cotton
- Restore Magicka – Creep Cluster + Red Mountain Flower
- Resist Fire – Fly Amanita + Snowberries
- Resist Shock – Glowdust + Snowberries
- Resist Frost – Snowberries + Thistle Branch
- Invisibility – Nirnroot + Chaurus Eggs
- Waterbreathing – Chicken’s Egg – Nordic Barnacle
- Invisibility and Regen Health – Luna Moth Wing + Vampire Dust
- Paralysis and Damage Health – Canis Root + Imp Stool + River Betty
- Restore Health and Fortify Health – Wheat + Blue Mountain Flower
- Regen Magicka, Fortify Magicka, Restore Magicka – Briar Heart + Jazbay Grapes + Moon Sugar
- Fortify One-handed, Fortify Light Armor, Fortify One-handed – Hawk Feathers + Rock Warbler Egg + Beehive Husk
- Fortify Heavy Armor, Fortify Block, Resist Frost – Briar Heart + Thistle Branch + Slaughterfish Scales
- Fortify Magicka, Fortify Destruction, Restore Magicka – Briar Heart + Ectoplasm + Glowdust
- Regen Magicka, Resist Frost, Restore Magicka, Resist Fire – Snowberries + Moon Sugar + Fire Salts
- Regen Health, Invisibility, Cure Disease, Fortify Light Armor – Luna Moth Wing, Vampire Dust, Hawk Feathers