Skyrim: Dawnguard – How to Join the Dawnguard Faction
The Dawnguard needs you to stop Lord Harkon’s mad scheme in the new DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Joining this ancient faction isn’t as difficult as you might think, as the group seems desperate for new blood. Luckily, every dragonborn knows they’re worth keeping around, and the Dawnguard will invite you into their group with open arms. If only they knew the allures of becoming a vampire. To join the Dawnguard, follow the instructions below and get your DLC quest started right.
Survive Dawnguard with our walkthrough. To find everything extra like achievement guides, locations, glitches, and whatever else we can discover get yourself over to the Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC cheats page.
How to Join the Dawnguard Faction
- Travel to any Capitol city on your map. Any of the large centers of Skyrim will work.
- If you’re level 10 or over, an NPC named Durak will be in town. Talk to him to start the Dawnguard Quest.
- To reach Fort Dawnguard, you’ll need to find a new area called Dayspring Canyon located south and east of Stendarr’s Beacon. Another NPC, Agmaer, will ask to accompany you to the Fort.
- Once there, you’ll complete the quest by joining the Dawnguard by talking to Isran and Vigilant Tolan.
- After joining the Dawnguard, you’ll be able to find Durak again. He’s training with the new Crossbow, and will give you a Standard Crossbow with bolts if you talk to him.