Skyrim Dragonborn: Deathbrand Armor Locations Guide
Skip the long hunt, because we’ll help you find all four pieces of this unique set of armor in the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim. Scattered around Solstheim are multiple copies of the book “Deathbrand”. Finding this book starts a quest, setting the player on a search for the eponymous set of unique armor that increases in power with each additional part found. See what every armor piece does, and where to find it in the guide below.
Uncover the secrets of Solstheim with our Dragonborn cheats list. There, you’ll learn how to defeat the Ebony Warrior, where to find the best weapons, or how to fly a dragon. Get quest guides taking players through the main missions with Game Front’s Dragonborn game guide.
Get more Skyrim tips and tricks with Game Front’s Marriage Guide, PC Console Codes, or learn how to turn into a vampire, then learn how to cure yourself of vampirism. All that and more can be discovered listed on the Skyrim cheats page.
Deathbrand Armor Set — Ancient Chest Locations Guide
- Note: All Deathbrand parts are Light Armor.
- Requirement: Must be level 38 or higher to start the required quest.
- How to Start: Read the book “Deathbrand” located in Raven Rock’s Temple, the Retching Netch, or the Greathall of Skaal Village. Once the mission starts, you’ll be able to pick the locks of Ancient Chests. If you find the chests before the mission begins, they will be empty.
- Enchantment: +100 Armor while wearing a full set of Deathbrand Armor + Waterbreathing
- Haknir’s Shoal, a small island in the frozen north of Solstheim. North of the Windstone.
- Enchantment: +15 Stamina per Deathbrand item worn
- North of the Earthstone and northwest of Raven Rock. Just keep going until you hit water in a corner shore.
- Enchantment: +10% more damage per Deathbrand item worn with one-handed weapons.
- Across the waterfall north of the previous chest and south of Bristleback Cave.
- Enchantment: +10 carrying capacity per Deathbran item worn
- West of Tel Mithryn, in a treasure chest along the river’s shore.
Deathbrand Quest Continued
- Once all four armor items are found, the last chest will also contain a chest for Gyldenhul Barrow. A Nordic Axe is required to enter the Barrow.
- Travel to the Barrow to discover a unique weapon; the Bloodscythe. Taking the weapon will summon Deathbrand. Defeat him, and you can collect a second unique weapon; Soulrender.