Skyrim Dragonborn – Ebony Warrior Quest Guide
If you’ve run out of enemies to fight and adventures to finish in Skyrim, that probably means you’ve hit the game’s high level-cap of 81. The developers behind Skyrim’s Dragonborn expansion have a surprise for unwary powerful players — the game’s deadliest character wants to duel.
The Ebony Warrior has resistances to every element, fast regeneration, a vampiric sword… you can’t even drown him. He’ll come looking for you when you reach level 81, so be prepared to fight with a few of our tips and tricks.
There are many ways to play Skyrim; if you’ve defeated the Ebony Warrior, let us know! Don’t forget to share how you managed this titanic feat.
Even at the highest level, there are still corners of Solstheim Island to explore. Take a trip through Dragonborn with Game Front’s Dragonborn cheats, with guides for Black Book locations, werewolf upgrade rings, and Dragonborn beginner’s guides. If you ever need help working through the lengthy main story, find information on every quest on our Dragonborn walkthrough.
For even more Skyrim info, don’t forget to check out Game Front’s Marriage Guide, PC Console Codes, or learn how to turn into a vampire, then learn how to cure yourself of vampirism. All that and more can be discovered listed on the Skyrim cheats page.
Ebony Warrior Quest Guide
- To unlock this quest, you must reach the level cap of 81.
- When you do, an NPC called the Ebony Warrior will approach you. Speaking with him will begin the quest and lead to the offer of a duel.
- The Ebony Warrior believes he’s done everything he can do… except fight an opponent as tough as you.
- The warrior will wait for you at a location called Last Vigil. Beware, the Ebony Warrior is incredibly hard.
- To continue the quest, you’ll need to attack him where he stands. Look below at his gear to get an idea of his capabilities before rushing into a fight.
Defeating the Ebony Warrior – Tips & Tricks
- To defeat him, you’ll need to maximize your gear and stats. Check out Game Front’s Best Weapons and Best Armor guides to see a selection of special gear to even the odds in this fight.
- For those into alchemy, crafting, or enchantments try out our guide for creating the best possible equipment in Skyrim.
- If you’re lucky, a Dragon might show up in the battle against the Ebony Warrior. Try taming dragons and bringing them into this fight for an easy win. Learn how to ride a dragon here.
- The new shout called Dragon Aspect will be incredibly useful, as it increases the power of your attacks and your other shouts for a duration of time. To unlock, check out our Dragon Aspect Guide for all three word of power locations.
- Some players have reported that the Ebony Warrior might be tough, but he’s vulnerable to FALLING DAMAGE. Due to a bizarre glitch, it is possible to kill the Ebony Warrior by retreating to uneven ground and forcing him to fall. Even a short drop can kill him, in some players’ games.
- When the Ebony Warrior is defeated, check him out for some amazing gear.
Ebony Warrior Loot
- Ebony Shield of Fire Suppression
Enchantment: Increases fire resistance by 50%
- Ebony Armor of Regeneration
Enchantment: Health regenerates 40% faster
- Ebony Gauntlets of Extreme Wielding
Enchantment: One-handed attacks do 35% more damage
- Ring of Peerless Wielding
Enchantment: One-handed attacks do 40% more damage
- Necklace of Shock Suppression
Enchantment: Increases shock resistance by 50%
- Ebony Boots of Frost Suppression
Enchantment: Increases frost resistance by 50%
- Ebony Helmet of Waterbreathing
Enchantment: Can breathe underwater without drowning
- Ebony Sword of the Vampire
Enchantment: Absorb 25 points of health per strike
- Potions of Vigorous Healing
- Human Heart
- Flawless Sapphire
- Flawless Garnet
- Flawless Ruby
- Flawless Emerald
- Flawless Diamond
- Flawless Amethyst
- Daedra Heart
- Ebony Arrows
- Black Soul Gem