Skyrim Dragonborn: How to Get to Solstheim (New DLC Content)
Learn how to start your quest to the island of Solstheim with this quick beginner’s guide for Skyrim‘s third expansion Dragonborn. To start your hunt for another Dragonborn, you’ll need to do battle with some strange cultists. Get more details with our guide below, or get help with Mitch’s extensive Skyrim expertise in the HD video from Game Front’s Video Walkthrough Team on Youtube.
Game Front has a crazy amount of coverage for The Elder Scrolls V; get help with the vanilla game on the Skyrim game guide, or crush the first downloadable pack with the Dawnguard walkthrough. If you’re looking for PC console codes, glitches, easter eggs, or marriage guides — check out cheats for Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire.
How to Access the new Dragonborn DLC Content
NOTE: If you’re experiencing issues with this DLC (The Cultists do not appear.) make sure you connect to X-Box Live and download the latest patch for Skyrim. You may have to delete and re-download the Dragonborn DLC after this to activate it.
- This downloadable content can be started at any point in Skyrim after the tutorial. If you’ve finished the main story quest, some dialogue from important DLC NPCs will be different.
- After purchasing and installing the Dragonborn DLC, load the game.
- Wander the world. Cultists from the island of Solstheim will be hunting you. They’ll appear as a random encounter and attack. Try fast-traveling to areas like towns or outside dungeons to make them appear.
- Kill the Cultists of Miraak, and loot their bodies. Find a note carried by the cultists. Taking it will start the main DLC quest.
- To reach Solstheim, travel to the marker in Windhelm to find the cultists’ boat. Speak with the Ship’s Captain to convince him to take you, and you’ll sail for Solstheim.