Skyrim Dragonborn: How to Ride a Dragon
One of the premier additions in the Dragonborn add-on for Skyrim is the ability to ride a dragon. For the curious heroes of The Elder Scrolls series, learn all about taming and riding dragons with our quick guide below. The feature isn’t exactly what you think it is, so know your capabilities, and check out how to give these gentle giants a ride. No self-respecting Dragonborn should miss out.
Dig deeper into Skyrim’s expansion with Game Front’s Dragonborn cheats, with guides for Black Book locations, werewolf upgrade rings, and Dragonborn beginner’s guides. If you ever need help working through the lengthy main story, find information on every quest on our Dragonborn walkthrough.
If you’re into vanilla Skyrim, don’t forget to check out Game Front’s Marriage Guide, PC Console Codes, or learn how to turn into a vampire, then learn how to cure yourself of vampirism. All that and more can be discovered listed on the Skyrim cheats page.
How to Ride a Dragon
- Dragon Shout Requirement: Bend Will
- Obtain Bend Will on the main story quest Dragonborn further into the DLC’s main story.
- To ride a dragon, use the Bend Will shout during an encounter with one.
- If the shout connects, the Dragon will be tamed and will land nearby. The dragon will speak, and when you get close, you’ll see an option allowing you to ride the dragon by pressing [A].
- While riding a dragon, you do not have direct control. You can attack enemies on the ground with your magic, or have the dragon attack specific enemies.
- Press [B] to have the Dragon attack enemies, or [Left/Right] to switch targets.
- Press the action button again [A] to have the dragon land.
- The dragon can also be used to fast travel. If there’s somewhere you desperately need a dragon, just bring up the map and the dragon will fly you there.
- Goodluck, dragonborn!