Skyrim: Hearthfire – Full Achievement Guide
Check out Game Front’s library of Skyrim cheats and guides on our free mobile apps.
Video Game Walkthroughs app for iOS
Video Game Walkthroughs app for Android
The achievements of Hearthfire are pretty self-explanatory, but they aren’t all so simple to unlock. The generic descriptions from Bethesda don’t always let on exactly what you need to do. Unlock all five achievements with our strategies below, where we’ll also link to other relevant pages with even more information on all the achievable subjects for Hearthfire. Get three homes, build three mansions, and adopt a child to make your life more fulfilling in Skyrim.
There’s a lot to Skyrim’s second DLC, check out our full list of extra articles on the Hearthfire cheats page.
Full Achievement Guide
Proud Parent (10 points): Adopt a child
- To adopt a child, travel to any major city in a hold where you own a home, or have a fairly large constructed plot with extra wings attached.
- Inside the city, you’ll be given two letters by a courier. One will instruct you on how to remodel your home to build a Child’s Room. The other is from Honorhall in Riften, asking you to speak with Constance to adopt one of three children.
- You won’t be able to adopt without first constructing a Child’s Room in your home. Learn more details on adoption right here with our full guide.
Landowner (10 points): Buy a plot of land
- Travel to any Hold and a Courier will arrive, giving you a letter instructing you that a plot of land is available for purchase in one of three holds.
- If you’re Thane, you won’t be met by a courier, but you can still travel to the Jarl of Haafingar, The Pale, or Falkreath to purchase.
- Find more information on purchasing plots of land with our Hearthfire plot purchasing guide.
Land Baron (10 points): Buy three plots of land
- Purchasing land is simple, just look at the previous achievement for details. Plots can be purchased in Haafingar, The Pale, or Falkreath.
- You’ll need to gain favor with the new Jarl of Falkreath before he’ll sell by completing Radiant Misc. quests.
- Each plot will cost $5,000 and can be purchased by asking about homes to the Jarl, or to the Jarl’s steward.
- Get more info on purchasing plots of land with our Hearthfire plot purchasing guide.
Architect / Master Architect (10 / 10 points):
Build three wings on a house / Build three houses
- To complete Master Architect, you’ll need to build all three wings onto each of your purchased land plots.
- Building homes isn’t easy and will require several steps and a lot of patience.
- To get your feet wet with foundations and constructing homes, check out our Home-Building Guide here.