Skyrim: Hearthfire – How to Duplicate Armor [Glitch]
Get all the apparel items you’ll ever need in Hearthfire with this armor duplication glitch. The second major DLC package for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim allows the player to build his or her own house. Eventually, you’ll be able to unlock an armory complete with mannequins to display any clothing item. With these mannequins, you’ll be able to endless copy clothes and armor. Learn all about the glitch with our full guide below.
Find more home-owning details for vanilla Elder Scrolls on the Skyrim House Buying Guide!
There’s a lot more to Game Front’s Skyrim coverage; Find PC item codes, marriage options, easter eggs, an unlockable skeleton horse, and much, much more. Get lists of all the Elder Scrolls extras on Game Front with our Skyrim cheats, Dawnguard cheats, and Hearthfire cheats.
How to Duplicate Armor [Glitch]
- To use this glitch, you’ll need to own a new Hearthfire home plot. You’ll then need to construct one of the wings into an armory. For more in-depth help, learn where to buy Hearthfire plots, and how to build a home in Hearthfire.
- Any of the new Hearthfire manors should work, but we tested this with Lakeside Manor.
- Once your armory is constructed, you’ll be able to display armor on the mannequins inside. Place whatever armor set you want to duplicate on the mannequin for display, then leave.
- Leave the house, or just the room, and take the armor off the display. Leave the room again and return to find a duplicate on the mannequin.
- There is one issue with this glitch – whatever armor set you first put on a mannequin, it will remain there. You won’t be able to switch it out. If you want to duplicate other sets of armor, you’ll need to use a different mannequin.
- Any set of armor should work. Goodluck!
[As of publication, this glitch has not been patched, and is exclusive to the Hearthfire plots. Other mannequins and display options will not work in an updated version of Skyrim.]