Skyrim: House Buying Guide
Get more high-quality Skyim cheats and game guides just like this on the Game Front video game walkthrough app where the latest easter eggs and extras are uploaded daily.
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for iOS
GameFront Video Walkthroughs app for Android
Tired of carrying all thank junk around, but can’t bare to sell it? Get yourself a house, and dump all your clutter into the chests there. Get a good night’s sleep, even leave your spouse to hang out and make you dinner. Furnish your house for cash, and own multiple mansions to show off your incredible opulence gained from raiding every dungeon in a 50-mile radius. Find where every house available for purchase in Skyrim can be found below, how much each costs, and what requirements need to be fulfilled.
Benefits of Home-Owning
- Owning a house comes with several benefits. You must be approved by the local Jarl of each major city, then a home can be purchased and decorated by the Steward.
- Each house includes non-respawning containers where items can be safely stored.
- Sleeping in a bed you own gives a temporary boost to your Health and Magicka.
- If married, your spouse will wait for you in your house.
- There is no limit to the amount of houses you can own.
Where to Buy Homes
- Cost: 5000 Gold
- Purchase From: Proventus Avenicci, the Jarl’s Steward. Must complete the quest “Bleak Falls Barrow.”
- Cost: 8000 Gold
- Purchase From: The Steward of Riften.
- Cost: 8000 Gold
- Purchase From: The Steward of Markarth.
- Cost: 12000 Gold
- Purchase From: The Steward of Windhelm, after completing quests for the Stormcloak Faction.
- Cost: 25000 gold
- Purchase From: The Steward of Solitude, only after completing a quest for the Jarl of Solitude.