Skyrim: How To Become A Vampire
Below: the official Game Front video guide to becoming a vampire in Skyrim
Find Game Front’s extensive library of Skyrim cheats and guides on our free mobile apps where you’ll find the latest high-quality gaming videos.
iOS video walkthroughs app
Droid video walkthroughs app
Vampires return from hiding in The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. Not content to hide in the sequel’s shadow, the vampires have crawled out of Oblivion to infect the living with their vile disease. Once infected, you’ll desire only one thing — blood, and without blood, you’ll become more of a monster. Vampires are dangerous creatures that stalk in the shadows, become of the predators instead of the prey, and learn more about vampires here with out nifty guide.
Find the cure for vampirism HERE!
How To Become A Vampire
- When in combat against vampires, you have a chance of contracted vampirism every time they land a hit on you.
- If you contract the disease, it can be cured with any regular disease potion — unless you wait three days. After three days, the disease becomes permanent, and you gain the powers of a vampire.
- If you know a location where vampires gather in Skyrim, please list it in the comments below.
Known Vampire Locations
- Vampires can be found in the Bloodlet Throne, up in the mountains from Falkreath. (Thanks to Steack!)
- More vampires are found at Haemar’s Shame, along the southern pass around The Throat of the World. Follow the path east of Helgen and you’re on the right track. (Thanks to Brian!)
The Four Stages of Vampirism
- Vampires will succumb to their thirst for blood over a period of time. The longer you go without blood, the more powerful the benefits of vampirism will become, while the weaknesses will get worse.
- You can only drink blood from sleeping NPCs. Interact with a sleeping NPC while sneaking to have the option to suck their blood.
- At stage one, vampires have a 25% increase to their illusion spells. They are 25% harder for NPCs to detect, have 100% resistance to diseases or poisons, and are 25% resistant to ice.
- On the flipside, they’re 25% weaker to fire. Outside, in the sunlight, they also take a 15 point decrease to their health, magic, and stamina. Those three stats also do not regenerate.
- Vampires at stage one have the power to reanimate the dead to serve them. They can also improve their night vision with another power.
- Vampires also gain a spell that allows them to drain the health of their enemies.
- As each stage increases, some effects stay the same, while the rest change. To be brief, we’ll only list the changes between stages.
- At stage two, vampires at 50% more resistant to frost, while their vampiric servant and vampiric drain powers become more powerful.
- They also become 50% weaker to fire, and have their health, stamine, and magic stats lowered by 30.
- They gain another power; that of Vampiric Seduction. Enemies, either animals are people, can be calmed for 30 seconds. That means they won’t attack.
- Vampires now have a 75% resistance to ice, while their powers of reanimating the dead and draining the living become more powerful.
- Their weaknesses also grow, they are 75% more weak to fire, and their health, magic, and stamina are reduced by 45 points in the sunlight.
- The last stage of vampirism. These vampires are 100% resistant to ice, while their draining and servant powers become even stronger.
- They are also 100% weak to fire, with their health, stamina, and magic stats lowered by 60 points in the sunlight.
- Stay out of the light and away from humans, because NPCs are all hostile to stage 4 vampires.
- Luckily, stage 4 vampires gain another new power — Embrace of Shadows, which turns your character invisible for three minutes.