Skyrim: How To Become A Werewolf
Get the latest Skyrim gaming guides and secrets on Game Front’s mobile apps. Don’t miss a single new video from Mitch, James, or Zac as they mine gaming’s depths for new cheats, collectibles, and easter eggs.
Download GameFront’s iOS Video Walkthroughs app
Download GameFront’s Droid Video Walkthroughs app
Vampires were cool in Oblivion, but Skyrim had to top that somehow. This time around, the developers at Bethesda bring us Lycanthropy, AKA werewolves. Sure, you could get mauled by a werewolf and catch the disease, or you could join up with the Companions for a safe ritual to become a truly powerful werewolf, with control over your transformations. There are some serious benefits to become a hairy wolf giant, so read on to find out just how to become a werewolf.
Find the new perks for werewolves exclusive to the Dawnguard DLC HERE.
How To Become A Werewolf
- Complete a quest for the Jarl of Dragonreach in Whiterun to begin your journey to lycanthropy. From there, drop by the Companions faction. They’ll give you a series of quests to complete.
- Finish every quest they give you until you complete the chain, and the Companions will send you on one final job. To gather some items before meeting them in the Underforge.
- In the Underforge, you’ll enter into the ritual to become a werewolf. Now, you’ll need to figure out where to find a cure…
- The benefits of becoming a Werewolf are; your health and stamina increase by 100, your sprinting speed becomes faster than a horse’s gallop.
- You gain a new shout that instills fear in enemies and summons wolves, while also gaining some hand-to-hand melee damage bonuses. You’re also a criminal, and will be hunted by guards while in werewolf form.
- There are drawbacks; you can’t use spells, equip items, or loot corpses in wolf-form. You also won’t be able to talk to NPCs.
- Your werewolf form will also scare away NPCs, or turn them hostile towards you. If you’re caught transforming into a werewolf, it’s counted as a major crime.
- Beware, you’re also weak against silver!
- Transforming into a werewolf is temporary, so the change isn’t permanent. If you do change into a werewolf, try to do it far away from civilization.
If you happen to get tired of being a werewolf, don’t worry. There is a cure.