Skyrim: How To Cure Vampirism
Below: The official Game Front Video Guide to Becoming a Vampire in Skyrim
For more Skyrim cheats, easter eggs, secrets and video guides, download Game Front’s video walkthrough apps.
Video Walkthroughs app on iOS
Video Walkthroughs app on Android
Being hated and hunted by polite society isn’t so great after all, is it vampires? In Skyrim, vampirism is a disease, a terrible one that ravages your body and eventually turns you into a monster without a steady supply of blood. That’s a hassle, so check out our quick and dirty instructions for defeating the disease and avoiding a future of immortal blood-drinking and pale skin. Stop moping in the dark, dump the coffin, and admire your reflection again — here’s how to cure yourself of vampirism.
How To Cure Vampirism
- If you’ve contracted the disease, you won’t become a vampire for three days. Until then, you can get rid of the disease with any common disease-curing potion.
- You can also use the Shrine to Talos outside Whiterun or Dragonsreach, activating the shrine will cure you of all diseases.
- Before speaking to anyone, make sure you’re no longer a Stage 4 vampire. Stage 4 vampires are attacked on sight, to avoid this, wait until night and drink the blood of a sleeping person. Even sleeping beggars will do. Just crouch/sneak and interact with a sleeping NPC to drink their blood.
- If you’re still having trouble drinking blood, remember that you have two useful abilities as a Stage 4 vampires — Embrace of Shadows, and Vampire Seduction. Embrace of Shadows turns you invisible, while Vampire Seduction will make an NPC calm and cease wanting to attack you.
- Once you’re a Stage 1 vampire, normal diseas cures will no longer work. You’ll need a better way.
- To begin your quest, speak with any Inn Keeper or Bartender about rumors. They’ll tell you that a man named Falion in Morthal is studying vampires.
- Find Morthal east of Fort Snowhawk. Once there, talk to Falion and he’ll discuss how to cure vampirism.
- He’ll tell you to get a Black Soul Gem. If you don’t have one, Falion will sell you one. Before being cured, you’ll need to fill the Black Soul Gem.
- To fill a Black Soul Gem, you’ll need to cast a Soul Trap spell on a human, then kill them. Any human will work, including bandits and enemies.
- You’ll need to obtain a Soul Trap spell, sold by any magic vendor. If you’re really desperate, try the College of Winterhold, or explore Whiterun to find a shop. If you don’t have high magic skills, just purchase a Soul Trap scroll. NOTE: The Mage for the Jarl of Whiterun, the Jarl’s Court Mage, should have a Soul Trap spell.
- With a filled Black Soul Gem, return to Falion and talk to him to complete the ritual. You’re now cured of vampirism!
If you’ve got the cure, but not the disease, here’s how you become a vampire.