Skyrim: How To Join The Dark Brotherhood
Below: the official Game Front guide to joining the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim
Want more high-quality Skyrim video coverage of cheats, secrets, and collectibles? Download the Game Front walkthrough app for free and enjoy daily cheats, guides, and secrets.
Game Front Walkthroughs App on iOS
Game Front Walkthroughs App on Android
Feeling especially evil? The Dark Brotherhood are a deadly group of assassins devoted to an ancient evil. Generally, they aren’t very nice people, and they’ve stolen away to Skyrim. Joining them won’t be easy, it requires some questions and some subterfuge, but with our little step-by-step guide below, you’ll be killing in the name of evil in no time.
For even more information on Skyrim’s massive singeplayer RPG experience, check out our text and video walkthrough. If you’re looking for more extra pages offering informative tidbits on the world of Skyrim, check out the cheats page.
How To Join The Dark Brotherhood
- The Dark Brotherhood is the most secretive of all the factions, and can be tricky to find. Start by going to bars and asking about rumors or information. Try talking to bartenders in Windhelm.
- You can also talk to Idesa Sadri in Candalhearth Hall in Windhelm. Ask them about cursed children. If you’re in Riften, Maul will share information on the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild for a price. Find Maul resting on a post near the city entrance.
- Eventually you’ll get a tip to speak with a boy named Aventus Aretino, located in the Aretino Residence in Windhelm. You may be able to speak with him without receiving the rumor first.
- Speak to the boy and take the quest “Innocence Lost.” Nothing will happen.
- A time after completing the quest, a courier will deliver you a note. Afterwards, just sleep and you’ll be contacted by the Dark Brotherhood.
- Talk to the stranger at your bedside, and you’re in the secret society.
Or just kill some random people. (Contributed by – Nathalie)