Skyrim: Level Up Glitch
Looking for more Skyrim strategies, secrets, and easter eggs? Check out Game Front’s video walkthrough apps to get our extensive library of top-quality gaming video guides.
iOS Walkthroughs App
Android Walkthroughs App
Glitches and The Elder Scrolls go together like peanut butter and jelly. You can always expect to find a few exploits and glitches in every one of Bethesda’s massive open-world RPGs, it’s part of their charm. People all over the internet are in a mad search for useful glitches. We think this glitch will make your adventures in Skyrim easier.
Level Up Glitch Instructions
NOTE: This glitch works for any plot-important invulnerable NPCs! This also works on Ralof, an early companion from Helgen if you do decide to regroup with him.
- NOTE: Before trying this glitch, you’ll need to free Hadvar from Helgen. During the quest “Unbound”, follow Helgen to escape instead of regrouping with Ralof. Now Hadvar will appear in Riverwood.
- Travel to Riverwood and enter Alvor and Sigrid’s House. Hadvar is inside, he’s who you want to find.
- Wait after 8 AM for Alvor to leave. Now Sigrid and a little girl will be downstairs while Hadvar waits upstairs alone. If Hadvar isn’t upstairs, just wait for him to come upstairs.
- Now save your game before continuing!
- With Hadvar alone upstairs, sneak behind him. Equip whatever weapon corresponding to the skill you want to level up; like “One-Handed” or “Two-Handed.”
- Perform a heavy strike on Hadvar from behind while sneaking. Doing so will dramatically increase your Sneak and combat skill. He’ll fall over and get back up with no criminal repercussions. Hadvar is invulnerable — he won’t die from your attacks.
- Repeat the process, waiting for him to stand up, sneaking behind him, and hitting Hadvar with a heavy strike.
- Only some magic attacks will work, others won’t, you’ll have to experiment.
- Keep sneaking and attacking to level up your skills as desired.