Skyrim: Ruin Your Marriage With a Corpse [Glitch]
On that perfect day, one minor imperfection can ruin everything for your spouse-in-waiting. A little thing like a dead body will wreck any burgeoning relationship, but not so completely that things can’t be patched up. Beware of this nasty (And smelly) glitch at your wedding, and read below for a quick solution. Don’t let one bad ceremony get you down — try, try again.
You won’t have to keep trying with Game Front’s text and video walkthrough guide, showing you how to survive the deadly open-world of Skyrim. For more information, secrets, and unique articles covering every subject imaginable about Skyrim, check out our Game Front cheats page.
How To Ruin Your Marriage (And How To Save Your Marriage)
- The glitch will only trigger at your wedding ceremony. To get married in Skyrim, check out our Skyrim Marriage Guide right here on Game Front.
- Before getting married, though, one of your companions will need to die. Lydia, Faendal, or any other follower will do.
- Just as your marriage begins, your dead follower’s corpse will appear on the floor near the door. Your wedding partner, strangely enough, isn’t very happy about a corpse laying at his/her feet. You won’t be able to get married with the body there, stinking up the Temple of Mara.
- To fix your marital issues, just drag the body away — downstairs works. Out of sight, out of mind.
- With the body gone, talk to your partner and re-propose marriage. You’ll have to set another date, but the body will remain downstairs and out of the way for your second nuptial event.