The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Bleak Falls Barrow
- The Way of the Voice
- A Blade in the Dark
- A Cornered Rat
- The Throat of the World
- Alduin’s Bane
- The World-Eater’s Eyrie
- Blood on the Ice
- Forbidden Legend
- The Forsworn Conspiracy
- No One Escapes Cidhna Mine
- The Golden Claw
- In My Time of Need
- Kyne’s Sacred Trials
- Laid to Rest
- Lights Out!
- The Man Who Cried Wolf
- The Wolf Queen Awakened
- Missing in Action
- Promises to Keep
- A Return to Your Roots
- Rise in the East
- Unfathomable Depths
- The White Phial
- Repairing the Phial
In My Time of Need
NOTE: This quest can only be started after completing Main Quest: Dragon Rising.
- Enter Whiterun through the main gate.
- Observe the argument between the city guard and the Cloaked Redguard warriors (known as Alik’r).
- Speak to one of the Alik’r, or wait for one of them to approach you. You find out they are searching for a Redguard woman named Saadia, a barmaid at the Bannered Mare.
- Make your way to the Bannered Mare, go in and find Saadia.
- Speak to Saadia privately and listen to her side of the story.
- Continue talking to Saadia until she tells you where to find the Alik’r prisoner who knows the location of the Alik’r hideout, where you’ll find Kematu, their leader.
- Travel to Dragonsreach Dungeon and speak to the Alik’r prisoner.
- Pay the fine to have him released, and he’ll tell you where to find Kematu.
- Travel to Swindler’s Den, west of Whiterun.
- Fight or sneak your way through the Den until you get to a large flooded room, where Kematu and more Alik’r surround you from a ledge.
Side with Saadia
- Talk with Kematu until conversation options run out, then attack and kill him and the other Alik’r. May not be easy!
- Return to the Bannered Mare and tell Saadia she is now safe. Quest complete!
Side with Kematu
- Speak with Kematu enough so that he tells you of his plan to capture Saadia, with your help.
- Agree to help Kematu capture Saadia.
- Return to the Bannered Mare and speak to Saadia.
- Tell Saadia she is no longer safe here, and quickly send her to Whiterun Stables.
- Lead Saadia to the Stables, around to the side of the Stable house, where Kematu is waiting to spring the trap.
- Watch as Kematu easily and harmlessly traps Saadia.
- Speak with Kematu once again for your reward. Quest complete!
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page