The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Bleak Falls Barrow
- The Way of the Voice
- A Blade in the Dark
- A Cornered Rat
- The Throat of the World
- Alduin’s Bane
- The World-Eater’s Eyrie
- Blood on the Ice
- Forbidden Legend
- The Forsworn Conspiracy
- No One Escapes Cidhna Mine
- The Golden Claw
- In My Time of Need
- Kyne’s Sacred Trials
- Laid to Rest
- Lights Out!
- The Man Who Cried Wolf
- The Wolf Queen Awakened
- Missing in Action
- Promises to Keep
- A Return to Your Roots
- Rise in the East
- Unfathomable Depths
- The White Phial
- Repairing the Phial
The Wolf Queen Awakened
NOTE: Must have completed The Man Who Cried Wolf side quest before getting this quest!
- Travel to any Hold capital city, and wait for a courier to deliver a message to you.
- Read the message. Falk Firebeard is requesting you to return to Solitude to once again deal with Potema, as her spirit is now free.
- Travel to Solitude and speak to Falk in the Blue Palace. He will tell you to seek the guidance of Styrr, a Priest of Arkay.
- Walk over to Solitude’s Hall of the Dead to find and speak to Styrr about Potema’s threatening spirit.
- Listen as Styrr tells you to go down into the old catacombs beneath Solitude, find Potema’s bones, and bring them back to him for sanctification. He will also give you the key to enter the catacombs.
- Follow the active quest icon through Solitude to the Temple of the Divines, and through there to find the door to Potema’s Catacombs.
- Listen to Potema as she stops you at a barred archway to mock you before she lowers the bars.
- Fight your way through the passage, clearing out a few Draugr and Vampires, until you come to the first puzzle encounter, where the passage is blocked by a circular rotating stone block with a small portcullis embedded in it.
- Activate the nearby level at the right time to stop the rotating block, when the portcullis is fully exposed and open.
- Continue along the passage, slaying more Draugr, until you come to the second puzzle encounter, a trio of levers just before another rotating stone and portcullis combo. This time there are three such blocks in your way.
- Activate the first lever to the center position at the right time to stop the first block rotation when the portcullis is fully exposed and open. Do the same for the other two blocks to make an opening through them.
- Arrive at a throne room with a large floor grate, and defeat the Draugr and Vampire stationed there.
- Be sure to get the Sanctum Key, either from the armrest of the throne, or from the Vampire.
- Prepare yourself for an increased number of Draugr and Vampires as you continue through the passage, until you came to a small circular room with decaying bodies and bones littering the floor.
- Listen as Potema mocks you once again before raising a trio of undead from the floor. Kill them.
- Equip any items or drink any potions that give you shock resistance before entering Potema’s inner sanctum.
- Dodge Potema’s shock beams spinning across the room while slaying the eight Draugr who steps out from their coffins.
- Head towards the metal door opposite the entrance once the final Draugr falls. Potema’s shock sphere magic will race ahead of you and begin to shape into Potema’s physical form.
- Kill Potema quickly before she can summon help or complete her transformation!
- Retrive Potema’s skull from the throne before exiting through the iron door behind the throne.
- Slay the final two Draugr waiting on thrones before exiting the Catacombs.
- Return to Solitude to give the skull to Styrr, tell Falk Firebeard that Potema is vanquished, and receive your reward. Quest complete!
Return to the Walkthrough Main Page