Sniper Elite V2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Schoneberg Streets
- Mittelwerk Facility
- Kaiser-Friedrich Museum
- St. Olibartus Church
- Tiergarten Flak Tower
- Karlshorst Command Post
- Kreuzberg Headquarters
- Koepenick Launch Site
- Brandenburg Gate
- During the intro film reel, you’ll find out that the Allies in the West and Russia in the East are on their way toward victory against the Reich. With Germany on the ropes, they look toward their V2 rocket technology in a desperate attempt to regain control.
- The Americans were gathering the best of the Germany’s rocket scientists in a secret operation known as Overcast. With some scientists captured by the Russians and others unaccounted for, it’s your job as Karl Fairburne to keep the rest of the scientists from enemy hands.
- The game proper begins with you on your way to take out Major-General Hans von Eisenberg. After listening to your narration, click “Start Game” to step into the shoes of Karl Fairburne.
- As you begin, you’ll be stationary. Follow the guide on the left hand side. Use the mouse to look around, then press “B” to pull up your binoculars to survey the buildings in front of you. Use “mouse wheel up” and “mouse wheel down” to zoom in and zoom out, respectively. When you’re done looking, press “B” again to exit. You’ll be moved to the next section of sniper training.
- You’ll now be standing. Use the W, S, A, D keys to move. Holding “Left Shift” will send you into a sprint. Run toward the yellow marker up ahead that leads into the bombed out building. When you reach the ledge, press “Space” to climb up.
- Once that’s done, you’ll be trained on how to use a trip mine. You’ll be crouched near a door way. Press Z, or X to cycle through your gear on the bottom right hand side until you see the trip mine. Plant the first stake on the ground where it’s highlighted in an orange circle. When it’s planted by pressing “F”, walk to the next orange circle, then press “F” again to complete the trip mine.
- You’ll then be taught to crouch. Press “C” to crouch to move slowly. You’ll be tasked to enter the building across the street directly in front of you. There are two enemies guarding the entrance. Move to the yellow marker right in front of the destroyed vehicle.
- Equip the rock, then hold “F” to see its trajectory. Throw it somewhere where the enemies will investigate. To throw it, let go of “F”. You can also just tap “F” to quickly toss the rock. When the enemies move away, enter the building. You’ll then be taken to the next section.
- In this portion, hold “C” to go prone. Move forward underneath the rubble and head toward the yellow marker. When you exit, you’ll be taken to the next portion.
- You can take cover here by the stove by pressing “Q”. Slide to the left by holding “A” until you reach the edge. You can take out the guard up ahead silently. Take out the Welrod by cycling through with the mouse wheel. Or you can simply press “3”. Press “right mouse button” to aim, then “left mouse button” to shoot. Hit him in the head.
- The next portion has you booby trapping a body. Cycle through your inventory using Z, or X, then choose the land mine. Press “F” to place it. Afterward, hop over the gate, then up the stairs ahead toward the yellow marker.
- You’ll watch a cut-scene where you’ll see your target, Von Eisenberg, ready to talk to his Russian contact. You’ll hear Karl talk about how to take the shot accounting for different variables including distance and wind. From here, you can press “E” to steady your aim. If you’re playing on marksman, you’ll see a red reticule appear showing you where to aim. If you’re playing on a higher difficulty, Karl tells you to aim one notch above the center. When you’re ready, pull off the slow motion shot as the camera follows the bullet and watch the gruesome aftermath.
- For some target practice out of the window, you can take out the enemies in the encampment. When they’re all dead, or whenever you’re ready, exit the room. When you reach the top of the stairs, take cover. You’ll see the yellow marker you need to head to. One of the two enemies that appear below will be killed by your well placed land mine. Take out the other one with your rifle.
- When you reach the marker, a tank will bust out. Take cover to avoid its fire, preferably by the stove. Look around, and you’ll see some stacked boxes. Next to those boxes is a narrow passage way through a wall, where you went prone last time.
- After crawling your way inside the building, move slowly toward the doorway past the staircase. There will be enemies across the street, on patrol. You’ll need to take them out loudly no matter what, so I suggest, aiming for the orange/red gas tank underneath the blue truck. It should take out at least two enemies. Clear the road, then head for the yellow marker into the building.
- Head up the stairs, then make a left into the bedroom, keeping your eye on the yellow marker. When you exit the bedroom, you’ll be right where the prologue began. Only this time, a slew of enemies will be where you once were. Take cover by the broken wall and snipe all the enemies. Watch out for a pair of snipers. One is on the left, past the flag, in a brick building, and another is on the right.
- When the combat has calmed down, hop over the wall, then head toward the marker as you see the airplanes fly over as they streak across the sky. Afterward, you’ll see a post mission screen showing off your stats. Press continue to head to the next mission, which will be familiar for those who played the demo.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page