Sony Details Destiny’s PlayStation Exclusive Content
The list of Destiny exclusive content for PlayStation owners has been announced.
During last week’s Sony press conference, Adam Boyes said that PlayStation owners would be receiving so much exclusive content for Destiny that they didn’t have time to detail it all during the show. Since they couldn’t talk about it in the presser, they’ve gone into detail over on the PlayStation Blog.
First, PS4 and PS3 owners will receive an exclusive three-player co-op Strike called the Dust Palace Strike, which will have players “track a Cabal extraction team through the husks of an ancient human skyscraper, the Dust Palace, buried in the shifting dunes of Mars and face a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.”
Second, they’ll get a mid-sized arena map called the Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map, described as, “The Exodus Blue, a long-dead vessel, once brought hope and humanity to worlds beyond Earth. Here, Guardians challenge one another, forging a new hope and future in the fires of the Crucible.”
Next up are three unique pieces of gear.
- Warlock class: “Manifold Seeker armor that was built to help Warlocks survive the secret realms of the Vex.”
- Titan class: “Vanir, a battle-tested armor set forged to protect Titans against the heavy firepower of the Cabal.”
- Hunter class: “Argus, a durable all-environment wire-weave for those out to scout the frontier.”
Also included are two weapons.
- The Monte Carlo, described as, “An exotic assault rifle, is a handcrafted showpiece with a sleek look that masks the cruel reality of its function — the efficient elegant delivery of war against any who would tarnish its legacy. Upgrades increase the weapon’s ‘hip fire’ effectiveness and boost melee cool down, providing a firm grounding for close range domination.”
- The Hawkmoon, described as, “An exotic hand cannon, is a true gunslinger’s weapon — a smooth sidearm that makes every bullet count with intricate ‘hawk feather’ etchings carved into the weapon’s silvered barrel. Damage boosts increase the combat effectiveness, making it a formidable weapon.”
Finally, PlayStation owners will also receive three exclusive ships, listed below.
- The Aurora Wake – “A hull lined with arcane instruments, crafted by a circle of Warlocks – gifting the ship with a preternatural sense for the strange.”
- The Crypt Hammer – “A deep-strike insertion variant, built to carry Guardians safely through contested space. Carries hardpoints once used to hold Suros TL-SEAD anti-radiation missiles.”
- The Outrageous Fortune – “A rugged, versatile explorer for those ready to gamble everything in search of ancient secrets and alien power.”
That’s a fairly large list of exclusive content at launch. You have to think that eventually, these items will become available to players on other platforms, although you can bet that they won’t be free.