Space Invaders Extreme and Arkanoid Coming to the DS
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Space Invaders, Taito (Square Enix) has re-imagined the 1978 game to appeal to both oldies like myself and new generations alike with the release of Space Invaders Extreme for the DS. Supposedly fater paced and more intense than the original, you can expect to see it in stores on June 17.
Another old school game coming to the DS on June 17 is Arkanoid. Originally released in 1986, Arkanoid for the DS offers multiple modes with colorful backgrounds and the ability for players to match their skills against other DS users with multiplayer options.
Trying to maintain the simple yet beloved gameplay while adding new twists to modern them up a bit, you can expect the following features to be included in the games:
SPACE INVADERS EXTREME
- New Look: The classic design of the original SPACE INVADERS, now with revamped graphics and new background movies that add to the game’s excitement.
- New Music: Get in the groove with up-beat techno tunes that are synched to gameplay.
- New Mini-Games: Experience varied gameplay with mini-games (Rounds) that are launched mid-game and they add to the fun, and are a good way to rack up points.
- New Twists: Discover exciting twists to the classic game that provide swift, fast-paced game play.
- New Multiplayer Element:?Battle against a friend with the all-new multiplayer element, available on both platforms.
- Explore three game modes that offer varied gameplay designed for a wide range of users.
- Compete against others with two or four person multiplayer options to claim the title of ARKANOID DS champion.
- Decorate ARKANOID DS with colorful designs by trading points gained through gameplay for fun backgrounds and icons.
- Rock to an irresistible soundtrack produced by Zuntata, TAITO’s award-winning sound team.
Check back often for more information as it becomes available, and hopefully they will send us some assets soon so we can get a better idea of what to expect.
Via: Press Release