Space Invaders Extreme and Arkanoid DS Launch Today
Taito has launched Space Invaders Extreme for the DS and PSP and Arkanoid for the DS. These two legendary arcade classics have been revitalized and shipped to retailers across North America today.
Space Invaders is celebrating its 30th year while the original Arkanoid first wowed gamers in 1986. The changes to the game were designed to convert a new generation of gamers into fans and yet satisfy those who remember when.
Features: SPACE INVADERS EXTREME
- New Look: The classic design of the original SPACE INVADERS, now with revamped graphics and new background movies that add to the game’s excitement.
- New Music: Get in the groove with upbeat techno tunes that are synched to gameplay.
- New Mini-Games: Experience varied gameplay with mini-games (Rounds) that are launched mid-game – they add to the fun, and are a good way to rack up points.
- New Twists: Discover exciting twists to the classic game that provide exciting, fast-paced game play.
- New Functionalities:
- DS Version
- Worldwide (Japan, North America and Europe) two player competitive play and score ranking available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
- Two player wireless competitive play and game sharing available
- Compatible with Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSTM Lite Rumble Pak
- PSP system Version
- Two player competitive play available via ad hoc wireless connection
Features: ARKANOID DS
- Explore three game modes that offer varied gameplay designed for a wide range of users.
- Compete against two to four players via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and enter high scores in the ranking system.
- Decorate ARKANOID DS with colorful designs by trading points gained through gameplay for fun backgrounds and icons.
- Rock to an irresistible soundtrack produced by Zuntata, TAITO’s award-winning sound team.
via Business Wire